October 1, 2018: 7;00pm
Art Licensing – Diane Vacher,
Owner of Steve Kaufman Art Licensing LLC
Diane Vacher will explain how your art work can be worth more than what you sell it for. How an image of your art can also generate money through licensing the image to be used on products. She will discuss the importance of copyrighting your art, how to do it, the costs and how to reach out to companies that use art images on their items. She will also cover the basic laws of copyrights and what to have included in a contract to protect yourself and your work.
Monday April 3, 2017 7:00 pm
Monday March 6, 2017 7:00 PM
- The Loyalty Show opening March 9 5:30-7:30
- 11 Artists that have contributed to all or most of the exhibits will each show 3 pieces in that exhibit runs until April 9
- Next exhibit will be Living Things To be hung on April 9
- Opening Reception May 4
- Every member can exhibit in 1 Show for free
- There are usually 20-22 artists in each exhibit
- If there is not enough art for exhibit artists will be asked in order of when they submitted to add another piece for no additional cost
- Heritage Park also know as The Wedge and the Jewel of Suffolk County
- Gave some information on the history of the Park and some plans they have for the future of the Park
- Wants some feed back if Artists from NSAG are interested in a fundraiser for May 21
- Possibly have 50 tables for Artists to display and sell their work
- Tables will cost $50 each
- Assoc. will take care of the marketing (signage, mailings, newspaper)
- Will send around a sign up sheet for those interested
- He is also the President of the Garden Conservatory(?) and has an award winning garden in his yard. Invited any Artists who want to paint in his garden in June or July
Monday February 6, 2017
Mac Titmus, President
- Critique tonight. Sally Anne will be leading it
- 2013 had 89 members currently have 142
- Many of us don’t know most of the members.
- In an effort to get to know each other better we are going to have members present themselves and their work.
- Bring in a few pieces of their work and discuss them, their education, inspiration, process etc.
- 9-10 members that have signed up to do it thus far
- Each meeting one person will present before the critique/speaker/demonstrator.
- One meeting we may just have 4-5 people present
- Tonight we have Fred Mendelson giving the first of those presentations.
- Hildegard from North Shore Public Library passed away. In April Library will honor her life with an exhibit.
- Also Art Forum will be having something for her next Wed.Benefit/ Artist show in PJ village Center in Oct 2017
- Mac will not be running it but will be an advisor
- Someone has to step up, not a huge job.
- Can divey up work. 2-3 people can lead it together
- Sign up on the committee list if interested
- Will have a meeting in early MarchNew Members:
- Barbara Hutter from Rocky Point does portraits, wildlife, and nature pastels
Has an exhibit from now til the end of February at North Shore Public Library
- Jan Guarino new to area, watercolorist, Graphic designer, new teacher at Art League of Long Island teaching Fearless Watercolor also teaches at Chelsea Mansion. Creations Magazine designs the cover and poetry page.
- Rachel Swartz, knitter specializing in faire isle stranded color work, also makes stuffed teddy bears. Found out about us on the web.
- Jen Riggie, photographer was an editor at food and wine magazine
- Lorraine Rimmelin belongs to Watercolorists Association, teacher at ALLI teaches Intro to Watercolor Painting and Acknowledging the Negative: A Watercolorist’s Guide to Negative Space. Will be doing a demo on April 3
- The $20,000 check we donated to SB has not yet cleared so we have excess of funds.
- Total in account is currently $26,203.81
- Will go back to working capital once SB check clears
- New members can pick up cards from me tonight
- Members that have not yet paid dues can do it tonightGallery Report
- Pick up for The Natural World will be on Sunday Feb 12 from 12:30-1:30
- The Loyalty Show will be hung at that time
- 11 Artists that have contributed to all or most of the exhibits will each show 3 pieces in that exhibit
- Runs from Feb 12- April 9
- Opening Reception on March 9
- Next exhibit will be Living Things April 9
- Each paying member will now be able to exhibit 1 time for free
Monday Janurary 9, 2017Mac Titmus, President:
- If you are not on the email list and receiving email updates about our meeting then you must give Lynellen your contact information. During the winter months meeting may be cancelled at short notice. If you are not in the email list you can be contacted by phone.
- In the last 2 years we have given $30,000 to charity from our Expressions Gallery and Events at the Port Jefferson Village Center.
- Going forward we are unsure of what we will be doing next year
- If we do another charity event with Stony Brook University Hospital we would like for them to take a heavier load.
- If not we may decide to use the space for a members showChris Alexander, Gallery Coordinator:
- The current exhibit The Natural World is hung and running until Feb. 12
- The opening is on Jan 25, 2017 from 5:30-7:30
- We are in need of 2 pieces of art for donations for the raffles. All raffles go to Stony Brook Children’s Hospital
- Lynnellen Nielsen offered a piece
- Vito Marrone offered a piece these are to be brought the night of opening reception
- Next exhibit will be the Loyalty show. The board had decided to appreciate the artists that have consistently exhibited in the Gallery by offering them a group show. The following artists have been given the opportunity to bring (3) pieces to the Loyalty exhibit. Opening Reception is on March 9
- Stella Castro
- Christopher R
- Don Wilson
- MaryAnne Vetter
- Linda Waston
- Donna Stapleton
- Vito Marrone
- Gay Gatta
- Fred Mendelson
- Mac Titmus
- Christopher AlexanderMac Titmus, President:
- Wanted to make all members aware of an interview that 2 of our members did on the Port Jefferson Pulse. Chris Alexander and Marge were interviewed to promote the North Shore Art Guild.
- In addition Marge, who has been given the task of advertising has gotten into several publications.
- Artist opportunity in Sayville Catbird Seat The information is on the handout sheet. Looks like the deadline is Jan. 28. Please take a sheet if interested.Lynellen Nielsen, Treasurer:
- Bank account balance is in excess of $28,000 right now. It is inflated right now due to the following reasons:
- membership dues are coming in
- have not yet paid for the renewal of software
- new members that came in from the show
- The funds for Stony Brook Hospital from the fundraiser are still in the account.
- On Jan. 20 we are presenting the check to the Hospital.
- After the expenses of about $2,500 which consisted of advertisements, paper goods and printing of program, the remainder was $20,000.
- The event was a great turnout in large part to our President, Mac.Guest Speaker:Kurt Kubik Island Pro Digital